The holidays are among the busiest times for hair stylists, with everyone prepping for the holiday season.
This time of year can be equally busy for clients. Between shopping, decorating and the multiple holiday gatherings, it can be hard to fit in a hair appointment.
Here at Salon130, our stylists have the knowledge and expertise to make informed decisions that will bring your holiday goals to life. Whether you’re heading to an ugly sweater party or your office Christmas, you’ll want to look and feel your best! Here are 5 hair tips to help you keep your hair looking stunning this holiday season.
1. Prep your Locks
Beautiful holiday hair starts with healthy locks. Cold winter weather can take a toll on your hair, with the constant switch between the heat indoors and freezing air outside leaving your strands dry and dull.
In anticipation for the weather change, now is the time to start using hydrating hair products daily and a deep conditioning mask once a week.
Treat your ends to a healing serum to prevent fly-aways and tame frizz. Salon130 stocks a number of Mitch, Moroccan Oil and Schwarzkopf products that can keep your hair shiny and healthy throughout the winter months. At your next appointment, ask your expert stylist for their recommendations.
When styling at home, avoid contributing to the damage by letting your hair air dry whenever possible. When you have to leave the house in a hurry, blow-dry on a cooler setting to avoid extra damage.
Try out heatless styles, such as French braids or a low bun, and cover with a hat or scarf when possible to protect your hair from the harsh wind.
If you suffer from a dry, flaky scalp, avoid over-washing and opt for products specifically designed to treat dandruff.
2. Schedule Appointments in Advance
Start thinking about all of your necessary holiday appointments now.
Try to schedule a hair appointment as soon as possible for a date and time that you anticipate will work best for you.
As it gets closer to December, spots will fill up fast which only adds to the stress of the holidays. Our receptionist at Salon130 will be happy to help find an appointment that works best for you.
Salon130 is open 6 days a week until 9pm, allowing for either daytime or evening appointments that fit into your busy schedule.
It’s quick and easy to make an appointment, either by phone, email or using our online booking tool.
3. Try a New Colour
It can be tempting to darken up your summer hair colour in anticipation for the holiday season.
If you’re looking for a change, book a consultation with one of the expert stylists at Salon130 and they’ll help you through every step of the process.
If you have blonde hair, you might consider darkening up your roots or adding lowlights throughout.
If you’re looking for a more dramatic change, you might consider a copper or auburn shade, like those described in our previous blog post.
Keep darker hues warm and toasty, with chestnut or caramel undertones.
4. Incorporate Festive Accessories
Think ahead for ideas on your potential holiday looks.
Keep your eye out for stunning hair accessories that compliment these options. Maybe it’s an oversized velvet bow or glittery headband.
We’ve gathered a list of the top trends in hair accessories for this holiday season to give you some major hair inspiration.
- Plaid – collegiate plaid hair bows and headbands add interest to simple basics. Whether you’re looking for a festive option like red, or something more subtle like navy, there are a number of styles available. Buffalo plaid bows offer a cozy cabin-feel, whereas tartan provides a more polished look.
- Velvet – velvet is everywhere this holiday season. We’ve been spotting jewel-tones, including stunning burgundy and emerald shades. Opt for a luxurious velvet headband if you prefer wearing your hair down or tie a velvet ribbon around your half-up style or pony when your hair is up.
- Bejeweled – think oversized gems and pearl-clusters. Blinged-out hair clips can be used to pull back strands or add interest to an updo. Sparkly hair accessories come in all shapes and sizes, including oversized barrettes or bobby pins. Consider adding pearls to a French braid or
- Metallics – gold, silver and rose gold, oh my! Glimmering headbands will add sparkle to your New Year’s look, while metallic hair cuffs can make your typical pony look more polished and put together.
5. Maintain your Style
Whether you’re headed to a late-night holiday party or counting down till midnight on New Year’s Eve, you’ll want your hair to stay in place for hours.
Try out these tricks and you’ll be dancing for hours without having to worry about your style.
Our first tip is to avoid styling freshly washed hair. Super-clean hair can be difficult to style and often doesn’t stay in place. Instead, opt for second-day hair and apply dry shampoo to roots if needed.
Spray your bobby pins with hair spray before securing your hair. This can actually help prevent them from slipping and create a better hold.
Set your style with a flexible-hold hairspray to help lock it in place while still maintaining a soft, touchable texture. Make sure to spray about half an arm’s length from your head to ensure the mist is evenly distributed throughout your strands.
Count on Salon130 for Your Holiday Hair Needs
These 5 hair tips will keep your hair looking festive and flawless this holiday season!
So don’t wait till it’s too late, schedule your appointment now with one of our expert stylists at Salon130. Whether you’re looking for a change, or simply a touch-up before the rush of the holidays, we’ve got you covered.
Contact us today to find out more and book your next hair appointment.